'Pragtiyo Khalsa Parmaattam Ki Mauj'
[In his will, God created the Khalsa]
· In 1699, on the first day of Baisakhi, Guru Gobind Singhji, the tenth Spiritual Master of the Sikhs, created the ‘Khalsa’.
· The Word ‘Khalsa’ means:
o Ordained by God.
o He who has recognized his true inner self.
· Guru Gobind Singhji gifted the Holy Nectar (Amrit) and the 5 - K’s to the ‘Khalsa’.
· The ‘Five Beloved’ (Panj Pyaare) were transformed into Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singhji.
· They belonged to different parts of the country and to different castes and occupations.
· The names of the ‘Five Beloved’ reflect important qualities, which can make us Pure (Khalsa).
· These names and qualities are:
1. Daya Singh: Compassion and Sympathy.
2. Dharam Singh: Truth and Discipline.
3. Himmat Singh: Strength and Courage.
4. Mohkam Singh: Determination and Fortitude.
5. Saheb Singh: Royalty and Nobleness.
“Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji Ki Fateh”
“The Creator has made the Khalsa and Victory shall be of the Creator”
This salutation was started by Guru Gobind Singhji.
Gurpurab Greetings to All.
Generous contribution by Satnam Kaur and colleagues.